Tuesday, January 12, 2016

It Has Finally Happened

          We have waited 1,119 days and the day has finally arrived! We received our “Final Order of Adoption” for little miss sassy pants! So without further ado, let me introduce you to Elizabeth Faith Morris (we’ll call her Lizzy):


Her story is one of trials, abandonment, and loss; but also one of love, prayer, and lots-and-lots of faith. She has no idea what her story is yet; all she knows is that she has a family and is safe, loved, and wanted--every day.
            As I think about her story, I am struck by the power of family. We welcomed her completely into this family and she has flourished here. As a baby she would wake up in the middle of the night panicking, sweating, and crying. There was nothing I could do to calm her. The only thing I could offer her was my love, my embrace, and a whole lot of patience. I would hold her, rock her, and sing to her while she wiggled around trying to get closer to me. After much wrestling, she would finally relent and fall asleep in my arms, completely content and safe. I would hold her close a little longer and speak greatness into her as she slept. The amazing thing is that I am getting to watch that greatness grow in her and become a part of who she is.
            When Lizzy enters a room, people know it. I am pretty sure her personality enters before she does. She is a girly girl, but tough as nails. I always tell people that she is a bull in a china shop, but she is wearing a pink tutu and lipstick! She has no fear, but rarely ever wants to be very far from me. Her best day would involve the whole family being together, all day. She loves animals like no one I have ever seen…ALL animals. If you ask her what kind of animal she wants to have she will tell you “lots,” much to my husband’s dismay. If it were up to her (and maybe me), we would live on a farm with horses, chickens, dogs, bunnies, and maybe a cow or two.
            I cannot wait to see what God has in store for this little sassy spitfire of a girl. I know He will do great things in her and through her and I am blessed to have a front row seat. I am thankful for Jeremiah 29:11, “’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ’plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” This has been our family verse since the beginning of our foster care journey. It has carried us though some tough and trying times and brought us to blessings beyond our wildest dreams.
            Her best is yet to come!
The first day we met her, the day she moved into our hearts forever!

This is the definition of "Sassy"





No comments:

Post a Comment