Monday, September 8, 2014

Let's Begin

     I have wanted to start a blog for many years, but never felt like I had the time or anything interesting enough to share.  I originally wanted to start one about 9 years ago when we started realizing my middle child was going to have some special needs.  At that time I felt so alone and would have loved to have had an outlet for all the crazy emotions I was dealing with.  Consequently I was also very busy with him and quite overwhelmed with his behavior and really probably didn’t have the time or mental clarity to blog.  He was diagnosed with autism, ADHD and an anxiety disorder when he was 8, but by the time he was diagnosed we already knew the issues so the diagnosis was no real surprise.  Though I will add, none of his doctors seem to agree on his diagnosis, other than the anxiety part….we all agree on that one.  Such is life, so we march on helping him with his struggles and not his diagnosis.
     Life with my kids keeps me busy and fulfilled, even when it is so hard I can hardly breathe.  I am hoping that there is someone out there that will find comfort and maybe a sense they are not alone within this blog.  Sometimes being a mom can be a very lonely job, especially when your child’s behavior prevents you from being able to go many places and be around people.  I know that set of circumstances all to well.  Let me just say now, it does get easier…….not easy, just easier.  The crazy becomes the normal and the normal seems crazy.  I wouldn’t trade any of my kids for the world and I know I am truly blessed to have each one of them in my life.  They have each changed me for the better and taught me more than I ever thought I could learn.
     I may not be able to relate to everyone’s individual circumstances, but I can relate to the heart of a mom who loves her child more than life and yet feels helpless to help said child.  The mom who wishes she could just make things easier for her child even when she knows that it is the struggles that will make them who they are.  These are the moms I am blogging for, the ones who need to laugh at the mess, cry over the difficulties and be embraced with understanding and love no matter where they are in their journey.  No judgments, only love and support here!

     I have no idea what God has in store for me to share with all of you lovelies, but I am giddy with anticipation.  I look forward to sharing live with all of you, whoever “all of you” may be.  I expect to laugh, cry, cringe and most likely over-share; and I might even do all of that in each post.  Hang on ladies, life is a roller coaster so we need to buckle up, throw our hands up in the air and scream with delight and fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment